Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Course In Miracles

I'm still plugging away through the questions in A course In Miracles.

I'm amazed this material has escaped my attention for so long. Compiled through the 70's by Helen Schucman and William Thetford it works beautifully with the building blocks of consciousness.

I am asked to entertain thoughts about meaninglessness and meaning and through this process discover the Miracle of life. The mind is observed thereby creating an opportunity to free it from attachment to thoughts and ideas. Like I said it is all new to me but it speaks powerfully - I'm excited to see where this Course will take me next.

Simple exercises that require no more than a minute each time ask that you only observe what is around you - not to think on it but look. Each move to the next exercise is another small step forward. It's a gradual building of awareness. Nothing is expected other than your full attention each minute you work. You cannot spend anymore than the time allocated and must move on each time.

There's a trust element within this. Answers are not what drives it forward - only discoveries.

I've long bashed myself around for answers. Always hoped that something would appear before me to lift the cloud that has been with me since childhood.

I remember the anxiety that enveloped me in those early years when I separated myself from the world. When I became independent of it. My family was the first to give me that sensation of being alone. Everything I thought was connected suddenly wasn't and I knew from then on in I would have to forge ahead without others to tell me who I was.

Of course I am still in conflict. Still alone. But I now, after many years of reading and experiencing life, feel connected again. The family I felt abandoned me began to reemerge with the knowing that we are all family - all alone. All together. All one.

A Course In Miracles is another chapter in this journey to becoming aware. I feel my family close again in the world about me. In my thoughts and anxiety. They are part of the journey and all of us can know that that is what we are here for. To journey and discover our selves. To be connected to the world through a power so complete and perfect that all we have to do is wake up and see it. Experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment