Thursday, September 10, 2009

Winding Down The Window

I'm traveling along and roll down the window

My head is pushed back and the wind hits my face

It's cold and wakes me up

It's where I am

The heater struggles to keep me warm and the radio is barely audible but I can't pull my head back in

The hissing - it's deafening!

The wind and my ears are screaming at one another

Rushing inside

The shell of my ear

Memories of conversation

Mum and Dad pile us in and I get the window seat

My ears might come off

My eyes might pop!

Tears run down my face, drying before they fall

My hand flies through it

I see the world pushing past

I'm inside it

Everything through me

Connected

It's personal

A private moment while Mum and Dad sort things out

Everything happens now

Thoughts disappear and the world rushes in

Complete

Held

Whispers scream

The cold heats my blood

Alone with everything - my hand surfs - strokes

Where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment