Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Baby


I have an 8 month old daughter and still can't believe it.

I have no doubt she influences the way I see myself and others.

I struggle with the present moment - only ever managing to remain in it for short periods. But Ava (my little girl) lives there continuously. Never anywhere else but here.

I stand before her in amazement. It's a natural state. One we're born with. A child will make that clear.

I wonder how she will move into the world. How will she see herself? Like the rest of us I suppose, imperfect and in need of something.

This is not a cynical point of view only an observation. No one beyond the age of innocence has not moved into self doubt.

Everyone travels out of consciousness and then back. It's how we fill our lives.

And so my little girl thrills me every day with a smile so deep it pulls me into this glorious moment and the past and future vanish once more.

Love steve

No comments:

Post a Comment